Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shine like an early drop of dew...

A sight to behold..I wake up in the morning. I look outside. The grass is lush. The sky is clear. The birds are humming..Beautiful early spring day it is. But, even more beautiful than all of these are the dewdrops. Dewdrops live a short life. They are gone before most of us are awake. Those fortunate to witness their refreshing presence realize why the grass is lush green and why the air has a certain feel to it.

The small circle of life..the dewdrop. Look at it. It reflects my innermost thoughts. I know I can confide in it my deepest feelings and wishes. I trust it. Perhaps the most amazing thing about dewdrops is...I touch it..and a genesis of sorts takes place..One dewdrop is replaced with countless droplets..Ever eager is this dewdrop to spread its beautiful and refreshing qualities. If only I could live a life of dewdrops...spread joy everywhere every moment....The dewdrops...ethereal and exemplary. The best compliment that I have to offer to the dewdrop is this..Your presence actually makes the rose look beautiful.

Shine like an early drop of dew
Poised on a red rose petal.
The dew-drop carries in its eye
Mountain and forest, sea and sky,
With every change of weather;

(From "Dewdrop and Diamond" of Robert Graves)

No comments:

Post a Comment