Monday, April 20, 2009

About the stars and the moon...the ocean..and love..

I write of very ancient times..A tale as old as the universe itself. As old as love itself. Long long ago. There were no stars. No moon. The night sky used to be empty. Only darkness.

In a far away land, there lived a king. He had only one daughter. The princess was of unmatched beauty and grace. She fell in love with a poor peasant. The king did not like this. The princess pleaded with her father for her love. Her heart was one with the poor peasant. The king did not listen. He cursed them both. They would never be together. They would live forever but without each other. Now, there lived a fairy. She was very kind and generous. She could not bear to see the agony of the two lovers. But, she could not take back the curse of the king. However, she did modify it. She turned the princess into the stars and the moon...And the peasant became the ocean. They would never meet again. They would come together only at the horizon. Yet, they would remain apart...

Ages have passed by. Their love continues to endure.. The stars twinkle. The moon shines. And the waters below glimmer..The stars reflect in the heart of the ocean. The waves rise and fall with the cycle of the moon. The ocean touches his love..and feels her. True love. True love...

I close my eyes. I lie on the green grass. Beneath the star lit sky. Every twinkle fills the heart with joy. I can see the divine play. Beautiful. Sublime..The scene is set..Their tale of love is there for me to see...Memories, moments and magic..And this..the starry night..Like a kaleidoscope. As I look at the stars..I reflect in a different way every passing moment. If only I could tell you...

1 comment: