Friday, July 3, 2009

She walks in beauty...

Her smile. Her charm. Her beauty. Always cheerful. Who is she? Not a moment goes by that I do not think of her. Is she for real? Everything about her is magic...

Her chosen color is lilac. Nothing pleases her more than daffodils. Loves to sway on Sinatra classics. Plays the violin. Opts the tango. Chemistry is her favorite science and Romance her preferred literature. Mercury always amazes her. Harry Potter and Elizabeth Bennet are her perennial favorites. Tennis is her pastime. Walks out to gaze at the Pyramids simply when they are spoken of. Thinks the Alpine slopes are the most beautiful on Earth. Looks celestial in that little black dress. And her eyes gleam even more with that pearl necklace around her tender neck. Just like her fashion model Audrey Hepburn. Has tears rolling down her eyes after watching Casablanca one more time. Would cuddle up after watching When Harry met Sally. January is her loveliest month. A new start and new hope she believes...

Thinks mermaids exist. Is as comfortable discussing elvish lore as she is talking about the latest ipod version out in the market. Awesome cook. Assumes every ingredient has its own place and time. And it must be done as in the book. Appreciates dal-rice as much as the finest French cuisine. Knows it is all in the mind. Feels a certain thrill when touching the innocent dewdrops on the softest of rose petals. Insists on walking barefoot everyday on the lush grass outside. Considers it her duty to trace a new shape out of the stars every night. Today, it might be a fish. Tomorrow may be a sail boat. Looks out of the window every time the canary sings...Adamant that it is calling out to her....

She is open and reserved at the same time. Depends on how you see it. Likes to dream. And yet has her feet solidly on the ground. The demeanor of a goat when it comes to family matters. She loves to read bedtime stories to tiny tots. Is fiercely independent. But, wants her man to be the perfect gentleman from the Victorian era when it comes to all matters pertaining to chivalry. Believes in devoting atleast one day of the week towards community service. Is a hawk when it comes to freedom of speech. Is a dove when it comes to human and nature rights. Honesty is for her the most sacred virtue....

Yes, everything about her is magic..When will I see her? When will I get to live my life with her? Now, she comes to me only in my thoughts. Her cherubic appearance. Her playful mirth. Her fingers move across my face..Beckon to come after her..I follow her..She asks me to come forth..I do..She runs across the meadows...I follow her...Her white gown is rustling as the wind blows. I try to keep my eyes on her. She waits..She looks at the beautiful lily by the lake.. Looks back at me. Knows that I am coming. The gaze as that of the most charming gazelle...And then she takes that lily and moves away. I call out to her. And chase her. But, she beats me...And then she vanishes at the horizon. And I am left back all alone. She leaves me with only one thing. Her smile......

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:

(From "She walks in beauty" by Byron)

No comments:

Post a Comment