Friday, July 17, 2009

To say...or not to say...

Everyday there is a moment when you wish you had said something to someone. Everyday there is a moment when you wish you had not said something to someone. What is more difficult? To regret not saying something. Or to regret having said something. Let us take a moment here...Hmmm. Ok. Moving on. As I sit today looking outside the window, I can clearly see somethings. Some moments actually. When I should have said something that I never did. And some moments which I wish to forget for having said something that I should never have. A spoken word and a shot arrow never come back..Well, true. Thats all I can say. But, the word never spoken and the arrow never shot also never come out again. What am I saying? Yes, I am saying that both situations are painful. If you say something that you should never have, you realize it pretty soon. And it is not fun. Now, assume you never said something. Well, you know...years down the line..It hurts real bad...

How I wish I could have changed somethings? Changed the script...But, did any movie ever get to change the script after its release?? No. So it is in life. But, sometimes there are second chances. And you have to be one lucky guy or gal to get that second shot...Really really lucky. How wonderful it would be if we knew what is the right moment and timing to say or not say something!! Neither late nor early. Just in time. How nice it would be to not feel awful after many years about that hasty tongue slip? How nice it would be to not feel miserable after many years about that glued tongue? Haaa. Everything is not so easy. A few things that I have learnt painfully yet thankfully over the last few years. I have to say it. Then I have to say it. I will not get another chance. Next is never to say a mean word to anyone. Only one reason. I wont like it myself after a few minutes. If I like something or some quality or some aspect of someone, I have to tell him or her. A good word never goes waste. A small word of appreciation is always welcome. No one wants to be seen doing a thankless job. If someone is wrong, let know. Invariably, not letting know hurts oneself in the long run. I have the right to grumble. So does the other party. As long as the grumbling is genuine and in the best interests of one and all.

Looking back. I think I should definitely have said atleast one thing at one point of time to someone. And I should definitely never have said so many things at some point of time to so many. To say or not to say. Was the question. The right answer still eludes me....

No comments:

Post a Comment