Saturday, August 15, 2009

Somethings you know will never happen and yet you...

Here it is. We want so many things from life. Different people. Different things. Many want love. More want wealth. Others want success. Some want fame. And there are those who want it all. Add inner peace anmd happiness to this melting pot as well. And what you have is a plethora of wishes. Nothing wrong. For each his own desire. Seems fair. But then, what I am talking about today? Those things that you so very much want in your life. And yet you perfectly know that they wont happen to you. Just as an aside, I do believe in miracles. Yes. Some of my friends wonder about this. "Coming from a science background and this?" And I say, yes. In fact, science reinforces the possibility of miracles for me. Moving on, about these things that we know will not happen to us, yet we...

Almost everyone has heard the stories of Cinderella and the Frog Prince. And every gal and guy sincerely hopes for a fairy tale situation in their lives. Aah..dont tell me you didnt do so too? I openly admit. I did and I do so even to this day. Because, even if I know the probability of me finding my princess, having all the luxuries in the world and living a life of complete happiness is almost zero, it gives me enough hope and encouragement in life. Brings some cheer into the life of a monotonous, "only in and out of office" geek. Some lawnmowers have more fun filled lives. Seriously. Many of us visualize ourselves doing some of the most romantic, heroic and even funny things. But do we really do them? Nopes. Everyone wants to go on a candlelight dinner with their favorite moviestar. Everyone wants to be close to their idolized sports star. Everyone wants to been in the limelight. A positive headline bearing your name. Yah. Open the newspaper in the morning to see your name. And the story featured mentioning how you overcame real tough circumstances to rescue someone in distress. Very true, Deep down most of us are underdogs. And not a day goes by when we feel life has not been fair to us. And these very so-called imaginary things breathe some joy and cheer in our lives.

At this point, I think of an old acquaintance. This person believed in such "imaginary" things. It was plainly obvious from some of the things said. But, on the outside, she would hesitate to admit this. I dont know. I have no qualms about saying this out loud and clear. But, different people, different things. Each has own. I let it be. So, this put a question to me??? Do people feel awkward in accepting openly that they believe such "impossible and imaginary things" ?? Is it an effect of living in a cynical world? Is it a direct result of the world being viewed through the kaleidoscope of "adult understanding and maturity"? So much so that childlike innocence is a past relic and something that is now frowned upon? Is it wrong to think that there exists a parallel universe? Is it ridiculous to expect leprechauns in your verandah? Is it self insulting to wonder where the elves live? Are fairies a myth created to amuse some?? Nopes..

So, going back to the original point. Somethings you know will never happen and yet you believe in them. Why? Simple reason. Because they inspire us. Give us hope. And bring some cheer into our lives. Having already visualized and felt those things, we have witnessed a miracle. Isnt it? Our heart and our mind knows something that reason convinces us is not possible. Somethings in life are far greater than reason. Far beyond the realms of reality. And if they are imaginary, then so be it. What is fact? What is fiction? Who decides? You only do it. So go on believing in everything you want. Anything. All that makes you happy is true. And believable indeed. Ask yourself this question: If I assume that it will never happen, then by believing in its possibility, do I lose anything??? And you will know the answer yourself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment